Choosing For Myself
How to choose a Seniors Living Community
We want to help you make the best choice when you decide that Seniors Living is right for you.
An informed decision is the best choice. With so many services and amenity options available today, you want to be confident in choosing a community that best suits your needs; a home that provides comfort, support, and peace of mind.
Here are some helpful tips when deciding which Seniors Living home is best for you:
- Talk with the people you know - friends, family, and health care professionals and ask for their recommendations. Word of mouth is always the best referral when it comes from someone you know and trust.
- Make a list of the services and amenities that are important to you.
- Start your research. Call a home and request information. Ask if the home has the services and amenities that you desire, and ask about the cost.
- Book and reserve a visit to the home, so that you can experience the living spaces, the atmosphere and the friendly environment of the home.
- When visiting a home be sure to stay for a meal. Look for the quality and variety of the meals, and the social atmosphere in the dining area. Ask for a copy of a sample Monthly Menu.
- Feel free to chat with the Team Members and the other residents at the home, and ask about their own experiences.
- Be sure to talk with the Wellness Team about the personal services that they provide.
- Ask to be invited to and attend the home's next big social event - experience the FUN. Ask for a copy of the Social and Activities Calendar.
- Shop and compare. Take your time, go at your own pace and do what feels right for you. Feel free to ask a family member or friend to join you on your visit.
Seniors sometimes wonder about the benefits of Seniors Living. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you feel alone?
- Is cooking becoming a challenge?
- Do you feel isolated and miss being with others?
- Do you find it harder to do your daily tasks like housekeeping, laundry and home maintenance?
- Do you find it difficult to get out shopping, visiting or going to appointments?
- Are you becoming too dependent on the help of others to continue to live on your own?
- Do you worry that there is no one immediately at hand to help you in an emergency?
- Do you worry about being able to maintain your independence?
If you answered YES, here are the benefits to Seniors Living:
- You can have companionship in a community of friendly residents and Team Members.
- You can get wonderful Chef prepared homemade meals every day in a social dining room - snacks and treats too.
- You can join in a wide variety of social and FUN recreational activities.
- You can be free from the concerns of maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry chores - we do it for you.
- You can enjoy Shuttle Services to get out and about.
- You can have a Team that is dedicated to assisting you and ensuring that you are happy.
- You can have a Team that is available to you around the clock.
- You can remain independent longer in a community that supports you.
Do what feels right, is timed right and is the best choice for you.
We are always ready to help you and share with you the many benefits of Seniors Living today.
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
For more helpful information on Seniors Living please click check out the ORCA website.